Russian Group Targets Avionics

Zed

новичок
I have a few questions...

Whats is the Su-37KK and does anyone have more info about it?

Does anyone have any detailed information on the problems experienced by the IndianAF with their Su-30s?

Thanks

Z

+
-
edit

Dallas

новичок
Flight International 8-14 August
Alexander Velovich/MOSCOW

The Ramanskoye Instrument Design Bureau (RIDB) is working on an avionics ssystem integration based on standardised electronic blocks for virtually all Russia's combat aircraft development programmes.

Guivi Djandjgava, RIDB general director, along with seven other Russian avionics manufacturers, has formed the Technocomplex consortium.
A presidential decree is expected to be issued soon, giving Technocomplex, of which Djandjgava is a chairman, control of state-owned shares of each of the members of the consortium.

The consortium expects 90% of its revenues to come from exports. RIDB has delivered 10 avionics suites for the Su-37KK Flanker, the exports version of Sukhoi's thrust-vecctored fighter bound for China. "The aircraft has gone through validation & development flight tests and is ready for series production," comments Djandjgava.

The suite is based on new RIBD-developed computers, liquid crystal displays (LCDs), digital stores managments system and integrated inertial-dual satellite navigation (US GPS plus Russian GLONASS) systems providing modes for advanced air-to-air and newly introduced air-to-surface weapons. A new infrared sensor developed by the UOMZ Uralsky Optical Mechanical Plant will replace the older OLS-27.

RODB uses a conservative approach to development of its computers, which continue to be based on Intel-compatable 486 DX2/DX4 processors. Djandjgava says this is dictated by the level of the Russian electronics industry.

Djandjgava adds that the avions systems developed for the Su-37KK can be retrofitted in the Russian Airforce's SU-27/30s. The suite is based upon Russian-built components except for the Japanese built LCDs, but a effort to launch production of this component at NPO Platan is under way.

Development of the avioncs suite for Indian's Su-30MKI's is taking a different approach, with suppliers from five countries countroes being selected by the customer and RIDB acting as system integrator.

The first set of equipment has been shipped to IAPO of Irkutsk following tests on the Ramanskoye integration stand. Djandjgava says that the final production configuration of the Su-30MKI is due to make it's maiden flight this month. A second aircraft is to join the flight tests in September. Four of five will be assembled by the end of the year with flight tests expected to be completed by the middle of next year, when delieveries to India will be resumed.

[Редактировалось Zed (15-08-2000 в 00:09).]

Zed

новичок
Hey thanks for the info, but could the Su-37KK be a single seat version of the Su-30MKK (which as far as i know is two seat). Also the defining characteristics of the Su-37 are the
1) fly-by-wire
2) strain-gauge controls & HOTAS
3) thrust vectoring
4)single seat

If this is true, then it would be more an Su-37 than an Su-30 derivative.

Good stuff that people are buying this GREAT plane!

Z

Zed

новичок
The correspondent is a Russian from Moscow so...he appears to know what he is on about, but i do agree that (with the exception of Jon Lake) they do not know a great deal of detail.

Dron, do you have ICQ?

Z

[Редактировалось Zed (15-08-2000 в 02:46).]

Dron

втянувшийся
About IAF problems with Su-30s.
Well, it's more like western jibberish, spread to freak out potential customers. The only problem was with Flankers' engines. These engines are optimized for Russian high-quality fuel but when Indian generals pumped in their own type of fuel, engines refused to work.
Now, Russian engineers would have to modify engines slightly for Indian fuel acceptance and everything should go just fine.

P.S. Su-37KK is something not known to me. Assuming amount of information that western agencies possess about Russian airplanes, I would say that Su-30MKK is mistaken with Su-37KK but I can't say that for sure.

+
-
edit

Deadpool

новичок
Hi Zed, i think you'll find the Su-37kk is the export version of the Su-37.

The Su-27sk is a export version of the normal Su-27, so it make sense that the export Su-37 has the kk name to it. Also it commented in your first post "RIDB has delivered 10 avionics suites for the Su-37KK Flanker, the exports version of Sukhoi's thrust-vecctored fighter bound for China."

I hope this helps

в начало страницы | новое

Поиск
Настройки
Твиттер сайта
Статистика
Рейтинг@Mail.ru