Испытание карамельного двигателя калибра 84 мм.
Цельномотанный из стеклонити.
Yesterday I static tested my first filament wound fiberglass casing motor. It's a sugar (Dextrose) full M motor. Motor is 84mm in diameter. Nozzle is made of steel alloy and the fwd. bulkhead is aluminum. Motor is ignited with a head-end pyrogen igniter that is housed in the forward bulkhead. Fwd. bulkhead and a nozzle are retained with thirty 3,0mm diameter slotted spring pins (ISO 8752).
Since this motor incorporated a lot of modifications from previous design I decided not to use my expensive load cell to measure thrust as there was quite possible that it could get destroyed and instead I only recorded chamber pressure.
Test was sucessfull. Recorded maximum pressure was 88.6 bars (1285psi) which is pretty close to designed max. pressure of 90,0 bars (1305psi). Average chamber pressure was 86,6 bars (1256psi). My main concern was paper thin thermal insulation but in the end everything worked O.K.
Here is a short video from this test: M-3600 Static test - YouTube