1. The primary mission for SLRV should be defined to relate directly
to a significant increase in the probability of a successful LEM
2. The increase in probability of successful LEM landing is achieved
by SLRV's ability to locate and certify acceptable landing sites.
This increment of success probability should be achieved with a
3 . The SLRV approach can be at least four times as effective for the
Apollo landing site verification mission as any other existing or
4. To maximize the probability that SLRV will accomplish t h i s mission,
the SLRV should be required to collect only that data needed for site
identification and certificdtion
5. Besides determining that a point is acceptable or unacceptable for
LEM landing, the SLRV must also provide data with which the
LEM astronauts can locate the acceptable landing points.
6. Development of the SLRV is warranted if the probability that a
single vehicle will accomplish the primary mission is greater
than 0. 13. A probability of 0. 5 is recommended as a goal.